It all began when I met my next door neighbor Mr. Wong. I greeted him with a smile and he smiled back in return.It was shortly there after, that I learned he was planting a garden. I bought him a small chinese cabbage and a seed package of some type of greens, I'm not even sure which type. Kale? No..they aren't curly. Spinach? No not quite. Too large and somewhat of a nice peppery cabbage flavor. My guess is a type of Kale, perhaps lacinato. Either way they taste wonderful. So here is the first recipe I came across and just absolutely love. Special thanks to Jacuelyn . Oh and Mr.Wong of course.
- 1 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese - I used Publix already shredded
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 1/2 lemons or 1 juicy lemon)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 head of romaine lettuce or 1/2 head romaine and 1/2 bunch of lacinato/dinasour kale
Simply blend above ingredients and massage into sliced greens.